Saturday, January 30, 2016

Return to Catering

The call to do some private catering came out of nowhere but I was stoked for the opportunity. I was resigned to doing CS until the catering season kicked in, which usually falls around the warmer months. That's when people like to get married, but I got the email from Sea Sails about a gig at the college this past week and I seized the moment. It involved prep and service over two days, which isn't always convenient, but I made it work. It was nice seeing the old crew again.

We were doing a department holiday party and oddly enough I saw a few people I knew in attendance. I was thankful to be doing something other than setting up and breaking down like I do in CS, and best of all, the party ended around 9:30 and we were out of there by 10:00. No working past midnight pour moi. The work environment with catering, and for that matter banquets, is definitely more energetic and positive. More my cup of tea, as the saying goes, plus it's more fun because the group dynamic is more energized. I'm not knocking CS, it's just a different beast. Apples and oranges.

I don't want to talk to much about things that haven't happened yet, but I would definitely prefer to do more catering/banquets as opposed to CS. The decision, however, is not completely up to me. Then again, it is my choice whether or not to work, right? And I'm too old to focus solely on money at the expense of my peace of mind. We'll see where this goes.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to William for the pic.

No comments: