Saturday, January 30, 2016

House of Malaise

We are all in some state of malaise and illness in our house, and believe me when I tell you that it's a complete bummer. Toss in 6:00AM hockey practice and working late into the evenings, and the situation makes me want to cry and whine, but I won't do that, being a real-man in training and all. Last week I got hit hard with some sort of stomach bug and was laid up in bed for 36 hours. To this day my appetite has still not completely recovered, which I guess isn't a completely bad thing. I had a rough evening at work when it came on. I got over it but am still dealing with this neck and back pain... sorry to my mentor for lagging on the chiropractor thing.

Then last week A wasn't feeling great, now N is not feeling great. Mom is on and off again with general feelings of yuckiness. Oddly enough, right now I'm feeling okay, though I guess I paid my dues. Besides, I know my current time in Eden will soon come to an end, it always catches up with me at some point, and I am resigned to it. What else can you do? I do have a plan to take care of neck/back, but I don't want to elaborate on it until I actually do it. Talk it cheap, just do it, right?

I'm hoping the misery in our household will soon come to an end, but it's hard with the cold weather and all that's going on. Just have to get plenty of rest and eat lots of chicken soup.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to zona di fotographia for the pic.

No comments: