Monday, March 7, 2016

Ready For Spring

I'm usually one of the oddball outliers who is bummed when the snow begins to melt, but this year I'm ready for the arrival of spring. It's just been such disappointing winter and I feel like it's time to move on with our lives. We didn't really get any snow all winter, so at this point, let's just bring on the warm weather. There were calls for some snow last week in the forecast and in atypical fashion I actually felt my heart sink. The big snow storm never really materialized and I breathed a big sigh of relief. Boy, am I becoming cynical about winter? Not a good way to be when you live in New England.

Either way, the days are definitely getting longer and warmer, so there is light at the end of the tunnel. Despite the milder winter, we still managed to burn through a fair amount of wood, and it's still cool enough to need some heat, but nothing like last year.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Cosmopolit@n for the pic.

No comments: