Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The Good Wiper

As I mentioned before, I went out and paid a little more for decent wiper blades, but clearly I did not spend enough, because the blades failed miserably when I needed them most. I splurged a little several months back and got good wiper blades at Advanced Auto, at least for me. Usually I shoot for single digit costs, but this time I spent around $20. Ouch! I figured at least I could see clearly when it counted. This, however, was not the case, which is a double bummer because I spent the dough to get quality and was disappointed.

We were driving home from Stowe in a torrential downpour and the entire time I was cursing my wiper blades. They did a terrible job, and I vowed that I was just going to the Honda dealer and getting factory blades. Normally I avoid buying from the dealer because after-market stuff is a better value, but as is often the case, you get what you pay for. The only time I go to the dealer is to buy replacement oil drain plugs and headlight bulbs. Oddly enough, I've been replacing a lot of light bulbs and the guys at the local Honda dealer are tripping out on seeing me so much.

I went there a couple days back and spent the big bucks on Honda wiper blades, and believe me, they weren't cheap. The big blade ran $35, which would normally give me a heart attack, but I feel that I can trust Honda quality. Heck, they make great cars, it stands to reason that the parts would be good quality, as well. I also learned that in the future, with factory blades, I can replace the rubber section for a measly $8. Enough said, sign me up.

I will say this, the new blades are killer. I could be simply justifying my exorbitant expenditure, but even A and N agree that they do a good job of clearing the window. Suffice it to say that I'm happy with them. Sometimes saving a little money costs you more in the long run.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to half pint for the pic.

No comments: