Saturday, August 16, 2008

Juggling Act

With the gradual departure of summer (can it really be?) and the first signs of fall, I find that I have to begin the juggling act that entails planning for when everyone goes back to school. It means a big shift in our social lives, and I once again have to establish new routines. I'd like to find some fun activities for the kids that include other kids, but it's tough.

On the home front, I'm tired of being daycare daddy, it's too much to deal with. Our time is our time and to have it infringed on spoils it in the end. So what's a dad to do? I once again feel under siege in our own home, but maybe it's just a good case of having to deal with it like a man and say how you feel. We just don't want to do anything with you.

We've had a busy schedule and I'm looking forward to just chilling out and doing nothing, but I know that phone's going to ring first thing in the morning, and it bums me out.

What are we going to do with Fall? Have to find some cool things for the kids to do. I'd like for the kids to do Karate, I've decided, and hope they'll respond. Still trying to work out the cat thing, so we'll see how that goes. Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: