Sunday, August 31, 2008

Cape Cod-Final Days

Today is Saturday and we are heading back home. For some crazy reason we have to be out of the house by ten in the morning, which strikes me as excessive, but such is the way of the Cape. We had a great vacation, the kids will be sad, R and I will be sad, but it's always nice to be home. We did lots of reading, at lots of good seafood, and spent lots of time on the beach and riding our bikes. Mission accomplished-the most important thing is we spent a lot of time together, no schedules and no stress. And most importantly, everyone had loads of fun.

We'll miss the Cape, but again, incorporating it more into our lives is something to work towards, and you always have to keep your eyes on the prize. Besides, I need to surf. It's going to happen.

Yesterday we spent the day at Coast Guard Beach, and the waves were sizable. And of course there were surfers out there. The day was on the mellow side, the water was freezing and the day was overcast, but I managed to dive into the water, something I felt I needed to do, don't ask me why. We were there for most of the day and had fish and chips for dinner at what I feel are the best at the Breakwater seafood market. Just the best. DO NOT WASTE your time at Lobster Shanty.

So this morning we'll pack up the house, clean up, and head home. I always like going home, but gauge the appeal of a place by how much I want to stay, or more appropriately, how little I actually want to leave, and I think we could do a summer here. A good way to get the kids into water sports.

In the meantime, got to keep blogging, and attending to GITGS. Until then, thanks for reading, and I'll see you in Vermont.

No comments: