Thursday, March 26, 2009

Life is All About Timing

I feel bad because PD, who originally turned me onto Andy and the firewood, hasn't gotten his wood yet. For whatever reason, I got mine first. Andy has said that he has PD's lined up and ready, he's just had problems with the trucks, and for all intents and purposes, he'll get his wood, but he was supposed to be ahead of me on the list. Somehow I got my wood first, and I feel kind of bad. I offered to give PD half of what I got if things don't work out, but if I do, then I've got to come up with a plan to get more, and my good deed will not go unpunished. Even still, it's the right thing to do, he's a good friend.

Which got me to thinking, life really is about timing. I went to work today around 6:00 AM, and had Andy called today, I wouldn't have been there to answer the phone. I wonder if maybe yesterday he tried to call PD first since he was first on the list, and couldn't reach him, so he called me next, and I answered the phone. Timing. I wouldn't have been there this morning, and he might have gone to curtain #3, leaving both PD and I out in the cold.

Oh well, can't dwell on it too much. Things happen as they will, and you can't change it. For that matter, you can't argue with reality. Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: