Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Wife Thinks I'm Crazy and Our Last Hurrah... Maybe

My wife thinks I'm crazy, and for good reason, but I can't seem to get skiing off my mind. I've got skiing on the brain, and with the weather warming up and rain in the forecast, our time in Eden is surely coming to an end. Perhaps that's a good thing, because there are so many things to deal with, who's got time to ski?

Also, not that we live this luxurious life of leisure, but I do feel guilty having fun skiing when my wife is off at work. Sure, I work hard watching and teaching the kids, and there are plenty of projects to do at home, but even still, she doesn't get to go skiing, so I need to tone it down.

Not that I have much choice-Winter is over, Spring is well on it's way, and the warmer weather and longer days are a welcome sight, even if I'm bummed to say goodbye to the snow.

With that in mind, I got a blessing from Gary, my mentor, to use his truck to hit the Dartmouth Skiway for perhaps the last time this season. When I got the message from Gary saying we could go for it, I fed the kids lunch, packed them into the truck, and hit the slopes. It was a beautiful day and we were slated to get warm rain on Friday, so I figured ski season was drawing to a close.

We had fun, the conditions were great and the kids had so much fun. They're such good skiers, it's amazing, and we got several runs in over the course of a couple of hours, and then we headed home. The reason we hit the Skiway is because we love that hill, and it's one of two ski resorts that we can actually afford, the other being Quechee. Skiing is just too darned expensive.

Either way, we did it, and I'm prepared to pack it all in now. Then again, the season could very well go until the end of March, so you never know...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog
visit
http://www.parenting-wikipedia.blogspot.com
http://www.earlyhood.blogspot.com

phredude said...

Thanks for stopping by, Saif. Hope all is well.