Sunday, March 29, 2009

Shopping With Our Daughter, Karate, and Website Developments

Our kids are showing an interest in karate, and I'm not sure where it is going to go, but it's fun and cute, just the same. I like the idea that they learn some martial arts, for a number of reasons, though it may work out better if I can just teach them some basics before they go full tilt in the class. N might be a little young, but he's such a jock that he might be just fine.

Saturdays are normally the days I jet off and go to the dump and shop for food. I usually try to head out early and beat the crowds and get to the veggie market before the crowds, which means I'm out the door by 8:30AM. Well on this particular day, our daughter wanted to come along. I'm not sure where that one came from, but she was all dressed up with nowhere to go. My first impulse was to say no, stay at home and have fun, but then I realized that she really wanted to go and help me, so how could I say no to that?

I did an about face and the two of us set out to slay the wildebeest. And you know what? It was a lot of fun, she really got into the shopping, pushing a full cart that was heavy and hard to control. We picked out the food together, and she got to make many of the decisions, feeling like the big girl that she is. It's cute seeing your kids trying to act like grownups, it's so endearing. Best of all, she never complained about being too tired or bored, we saw her dentist at the store, as usual.

My wife and I were stewing over the layout of my website, and personally I find the whole thing overwhelming to the point where I don't want to deal with it. I just want to write. I'm hoping that R will help me design the beast because she has a much better eye for these things, not to mention the fact that she's a photographer. A win-win situation, perhaps?

We shall see. Don't want to get mine or anybody else's expectations up on this whole endeavor, but it is fun to think about... sort of.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks t0 Kriss Szkurlatowski and Jay Simmons for the pics.

No comments: