Thursday, April 23, 2009

Still MIA, but Life Goes On

WOW, has it really been a week? Time literally slips through your fingers. I don't know where it goes. I have been neglecting my blogging duties to focus my time in other blogging duties, and I feel sort of bad for it, but there isn't a lot of free time out there. And, these other gigs might make me some dough, however small it may be.

Okay, so what's new and exciting. I still haven't dealt with certain homeschool issues while tackling others, but such is life.

We went over to G&T's yesterday and had, as usual, a really nice day. It's just a lot of fun going over there because of the animals and the woods and the kids can have fun and be carefree. They don't realize it, but what an idyllic childhood, to have access to all that nature and open space, sharing it with good friends. That's what being a kid is all about.

I'd made ratatouille for supper but GS offered to make some burgers and I brought along some hot dogs and sausage. Yesterday was R's yoga night, so we had lots of time, and rather than break up the meal or lose the chance to share in a family favorite, I put the ratatouille in the fridge and my wife and I winged it for supper. I at a tiny burger at G&T's but was still hungry, so I ate more at home.

I enjoy hanging with my mentor #2, vs my mentor #1 GL. It's complicated. He offered to come over and help me cut wood, but I felt bad having him come all this way. Interestingly, when he offered, I bit my tongue and avoided my usual default response of declining someone's help outright and realizing that, like myself, people really do want to help out when they can. So I said fine, but maybe another time. Truth be told, I feel that his part of my personal journey and want to tackle as much of it as I can on my own.

Spring is full swing in the air, and I've heard that we're supposed to get temps in the 80's by Sunday. Hard to believe. Speaking of Sunday, MG said she wanted to come by on Sunday to pick up a pitchfork she's left behind, and it dawned on us that she really is taking advantage of our allowing her to return here when she feels like it. She needs to move on, but is unable to. I've thought about talking to Scott about it, but am not sure what to say.

It's not a big deal, but it makes life a little awkward. It wouldn't be so bad if she weren't so darn scrutinizing, but what are you going to do? I'd just as soon not be here.

Just wanted to mention that A has learned Country Roads and When the Saints Come Marching In on guitar. How cool is that? T-ball and horses start next week, so be prepared.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: