Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Website

I've moved ahead inches on this website, but progress is progress, as the saying goes. I went to a seminar at the library on making a website and it turned out not to be what I was looking for. Whereas I need guidance on website design, they were more about the logistics of setting up the site and getting it up and running. They seemed to stress the importance of Big Brother Google. Amazing how much Google has taken over.

The seminar seemed more geared to commerce sites, as well, which makes sense since most people want to start a business of some sort. Mine is more geared to a resume type situation.

So it boils down to me getting down into the trenches and learning web design software. Again, I think it's important for me to learn how to do this because not only will I need to continually update the site, but learning the stuff is all part of the journey. I find, however, that I continually hit snags and the whole operation comes to a halt. I wish there were an easier way, but no such luck.

On that note, I'm off to study web design. Wish me luck, and thanks for reading.

2 comments:

web development said...

Seo is very important to make any website famous. As an Internet marketing strategy, SEO considers how search engines work and what people search for. Here are lots of web development companies that are helpful in seo.

phredude said...

Hi Web Development,

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight. I'll look into it.

Fred