Thursday, January 14, 2010

Paid Gigs and Website

I've been blogging like crazy on the paid sites, and have managed to crank out a couple pieces a day. The pay is low, but it can add up over the course of a month, though I'm dealing more in George Washingtons than Ben Franklins, but one day... All the more impetus to start pitching ideas to pubs. I still like the idea of doing travel writing, but that's a new frontier, and one that terrifies me, like all new things.

It's all in an effort to support our fabulously opulent lifestyles. I've also decided that if I'm going to develop a website as a writer, I've got to do it myself. Though there are plenty of people out there that kick butt in web design, my thinking is that if I can create the site myself, I'm much more in control of making changes or adapting it over time.

So I'm going for it. I've locked in a hosting service, my domain is mine, and I've just got to put together the website. I have no idea what I'm doing, so it should be interesting. At the very least it should make for a good narrative.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Leonardini for the pic.

No comments: