Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dentist Aftermath and Decision Time

To do the 4th, or not, that is the question. We have to make a decision as to whether or not we want to do the July 4th celebration or not. That is terms of dumplings, of course. On the one hand we'd like to be a vendor for our community fair, which is a big event around here and draws a lot of people. On the other hand, the question is, can we pull it off? It would require making enough dumplings to do the Friday market, then the 4th, then the big city market that week. That's a whole lot of dumplings, and I don't even know if we can manage it and keep our sanity. Plus, there's no telling that there will be a lot of demand for dumplings at the 4th. It tends to be a hot dog and fries crowd, do they really want to eat dumpling? That's beside the point, we need to decide if we can even do it before we worry about economic issues. And we need to do it fast, because it's next weekend, as if we needed more food on our plate, no pun intended.

We'll see. In the meantime, A had her appointment yesterday and I was sure that Dr. B was going to bust my balls about opting out of the sealants. I've noticed that dentists on the whole really promote and encourage them, but again, I'm not completely convinced, and nobody has succeeded in completely convincing me. I appreciate that they didn't make an issue in any way or try to change my mind or even ask me why I was so against them. I anticipated all of the above, but was left alone, thankfully.

It was funny because we saw our friends, JD and E&G there. Julie called my name just as me and Dr. B were in the middle of food talk, and I apologized to JD. The hygienist was laughing and said the Dr. B and I were always talking about cooking and food, which is sort of funny, but may strike a blow to my real man training. What are you going to do?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to G Schouten de Jel for the pic.

No comments: