Thursday, June 24, 2010

YKW Comes Calling

I'm not sure what to make of all this, but the other day, YKW called, and A picked up. We are having problems with our phone, an ongoing situation, and for whatever reason, it doesn't always ring, so people will call and leave a message without us knowing it until we actually pick up the phone. Either way, there was a message from YKW that morning, and I figured A could call her back and leave a message, but it wasn't urgent.

I was in the shower when there was an frantic knocking at the door, and A said that YKW had called and wanted to get together. Clearly YKW had called back. There was no getting around this one, we were headed to playdate-land. She had to be somewhere in an hour, and we had things to do, as well, so it worked out fairly well. The kids played over there for a bit while I got ready for market.

There was the usual conviviality, real or not, as if everything were peachy, but I still can't shake the sense that beneath the smiles something is amiss. Oh well, can't stress too much over it, though I will say that I will not allow certain parties to jump in head first like it's been in the past. We are taking this slow, and have gotten over the feigned pleasantries and expressions of regret that we don't see each other more often, though clearly not everyone is in the same boat with me on this one.

I'll leave it at that. It'll be interesting to see where this goes, or not. Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Gokhan Okur for the pic.

No comments: