Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Crisis at the Grateful Dumpling

I hate to admit it, but I experienced a bit of a crisis at the Grateful Dumpling, and it stemmed from overextending ourselves. At some point, making all those dumplings suddenly seems like an exercise in futility, an endless road to nowhere. Needless to say, it can profoundly affect my point of view, not to mention my disposition. Just ask my wife and kids.

Fortunately, it's nothing a good night's sleep can't help, and the next day, I felt much better, even in lieu of the fact that there were still dumplings to be made.

At some point we'll catch up and get past the hump that we created in doing that extra market. Until that time, I won't feel like my head is above water, but I'm good at treading. My apologies to RA&N for having to put up with me. I'm ashamed at times at my behavior, but when you are in the throes of self-indulgent solipsism, the your world view is pretty narrow.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Fred Fokkelman for the pic.

No comments: