Friday, July 16, 2010

Our New Stove

Our new stove arrived, too late to use at the big-city market, of course, but it arrived nonetheless, and is it ever nice. We're talking tens of thousands of BTUs per hour, whatever that means. I just read that off of the side of the box.

The moment we got it, N's interest was piqued, and he never stopped asking me when we were going to break it in, or if he could do it himself. To his credit, he opened the box, pulled the thing out, assembled and had it ready to operate in minutes. The guy is such an engineer. His granddad and uncle would be proud.

Now all we need is a 5 gallon propane tank and we're good to go. This, of course, adds the added complication of where to get the thing. They are ubiquitous, everyone and their uncle seems to sell these things, it's just that now I have to choose a place, and we all know what a disaster that can be.

Having this new stove also means we can cook the dumplings outside and not coat our kitchen, house, and bodies with grease. This is a good thing.

Finally, I'm going to fill out the registration and send it in. I never do this, and have run into many situations where I wished I had, especially when warranties and proof of purchase are involved. I see it all around me as well, i.e., people who buy things that break, and in order to honor the warranty, a proof of purchase is required. Who saves these things?

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: