Saturday, July 10, 2010

Never So Happy to See the Rain

I'm not the biggest fan of rainy weather, but the heat has been excruciating, lately. So brutal, in fact, that I was so happy to see storm clouds come in and unload some precipitation. I can't even begin to tell you how relieved I was. Usually the brutal heat portends of a coming storm, but that has not been the case. We have had a stretch of hot days that remind me of living in California, with no end in sight. I can't take it, and we are sweating our buns off over here.

Fortunately, we have ponds and rivers to jump in, but even they are suffering the consequences of the weather. In fact, we are verging on drought conditions. Nothing like California, mind you, but pretty painful.

Anyway, the rain finally came, and was I ever happy to see it. Our garden was grateful, as were we.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to clix for the pic.

No comments: