Monday, November 14, 2011

Karate Testing

We had a good class last week, good turnout, and we are gearing up for a big test night. Master H is pumped up and ready, and several people will be testing, including A and I. The energy is palpable.

A was tired for this class because she went to a girl’s hockey clinic beforehand and I was fully expecting to skip karate, but she said she wanted to go, so we went. N usually gets bored at some point, so often we’ll have R come and pick him up on her way home from work. This time, however, A indicated that she wanted to go home, too, so R took both of them. I felt bad that she was so tired, but if she thought the one hour clinic was tiring, she should see what N goes through during his practice. They work incredibly hard.

Either way, I ended up solo at the class, and it was a good class. I feel this need to be more prepared to spar this one new guy in the class who beat up the other new student, but we did not end up sparring. My time will come, I know it. We focused on katas and test prep, and before we knew it, class was over and it was time to go home.

R and the kids were playing games at home, so I ate supper and it was the end of a busy day. When all was said and done, A concluded that she was not a hockey person, which is fine by R and I. I actually like the fact that the kids have their own respective things.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Sonja Mildner for the pic.

No comments: