Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Missing Out

A needs new skates and I had a million chances to get her some at these hockey sales, where the equipment is amazingly cheap. The hockey parents essentially give the stuff away, and it’s a nice way to support people new to the scene or ones who can’t afford to drop the big bucks on new equipment (or the ones not willing to).

I have been focusing on gathering N’s hockey equipment together that I foolishly failed to consider that as A grows, her ice skates will no longer fit her. This really came to light when we went looking for her snow boots and she is almost at the stage where she is wearing women’s sizes. Crazy. In fact, when R’s parents came to visit, A wore her grandmother’s shoes. How cool is that?

Anyway, I was kicking myself because the one thing I’ve noticed plenty of at these swaps are skates. Equipment bags are almost impossible to find, and you’re better off buying helmets new, but skates are a plenty. I never even gave them much thought because I thought we had skates. Now that they are on my radar, I’ll be looking in earnest. The problem is that the skating season has already begun, so we sort of need skates now. This should be interesting.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Lotus Head for the pic.

No comments: