Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Impromptu Spontaneity and Getting Crazy

CH and I are always talking about how we’d like to be more spontaneous and do things without so much darn planning, which is like pulling teeth for the likes of us, but we’re working on it. In fact, sometimes we even get a little crazy.

Case in point, last week CH called us out of the blue and asked if we wanted to go to a performance in Woodstock, and there was no planning involved (this is huge for us). How's that for living life on the edge? I was invited, as well, but had to go to work in the AM. I was planning on working, then jetting home to attend the show because I enjoy hanging with the Hs, but it was really too ambitious on my part because the show was at 10:00, and that meant I would have had to have finished my work by 9:00. No such luck.

It worked out beautifully because the kids had a blast, got to hang with friends and see a show about Thomas Edison (an academic event, as well), and even saw some of their hockey buddies at the theater. When they dropped A&N off at home, the kids hung out for a few minutes and I got to chat with my buddy CH before they were off. All in all, a nice day for everyone, and hopefully we’ll be able to arrange them more often... without too much planning, of course, because that would defeat the purpose, right?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to topio for the pic.

No comments: