Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Weary and Winding Down?

I get a sense that people all around us are experiencing hockey fatigue. Mind you, this does not apply to yours truly. I still can’t get enough, but I’m a late-comer to this scene and don’t practice/play for 4-5 days a week. As of this writing, I wish I could.

Either way, practices and even games seem to be short on players, and from what I can gather, for a variety of reasons. After talking to the parents, some skip out because they are simply tired of it, while others are sick or injured. I understand, they’re so young. Parents have alluded to kids not wanting to go to games or practices, which on the one hand is understandable given the length of the season, but I also think the best teams and players play all the time. Oh well, just goes to show you, you can always get too much of a good thing.

This past weekend, we had a game and I think half the team wasn’t there. Kind of sad.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to superburg for the pic.

No comments: