Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Series of Unfortunate Incidences

Is this another setback for my glorious freelance writing career, or just another reason to bite the bullet and work harder?

Then again, it’s hard not to look at this as unfortunate timing, or maybe someone’s just trying to tell me something. I have been trying to dabble in freelance writing so I can make enough dough to support our fabulously opulent lifestyle, but am not completely clued in as to where to begin. Some of my ideas just haven’t panned out, while others are still brewing. I decided to target some magazines but had to come up with story ideas, first. Like everything in my life, it’s complicated, and I had to think of an assortment of story ideas, big and small.

Anyway, the first two story ideas I had was to profile some local businesses, but when I contacted them about my ideas, they kept blowing me off. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and was patient, but when I finally heard from them, one of them had already been profiled, and the other was going out of business. We had even seen the latter business just days before my inquiry. Talk about a bummer.

Oh well, back to the drawing board. I’m not for want of ideas, so I have to just keep my feet moving. Stay tuned for more.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to bogdog Dan for the pic.

No comments: