Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Exhausted but Happy

So Mom returned from her big trip and it sure is nice to have her back home again. We were all excited about it but it was a bit of grueling day picking her up. The problem we ran into was that the kids had all sorts of things going on that day, and her flight landed on the late side. She arrived in Boston around 7:30PM and caught the shuttle home around 9:00PM. The ride is about 3 hours, so that meant a midnight arrival here.

Talk about a logistical nightmare. The kids had all sorts of things going on that day and evening, and N had a game the next day at 7:00AM, which meant a 5:30 wake up for him and a 4:30 wake up for me. I picked up mom around midnight and it was great to see her again but it was late and we were all tired and weary. I knew she'd be hungry so I brought her a sandwich, and we got home around 12:30. We both went straight to bed and I got up about 4 hours later and took N to his game. Then it was back home in time to take A over to her babysitting gig. At some point I was able to lay down and take a nap, but I can't really remember when that happened. Go figure.


That's what happens when you're old, tired, and your heads in the clouds. Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Krissy Venosdale for the pic.

No comments: