Monday, March 16, 2015

Prom Night

We went to the town prom this past weekend and I have to say, it was quite the raging affair, not to mention a rip-roaring good time. I didn't know what to expect, but they (they being the UU Church) did a really nice job on it, and the turnout was great. Not just old farts like myself and little toddlers, but a good showing of hip teenagers trying to impress by dressing to kill. Even the pre-teens looked like they were 16 years old. I was impressed.

We missed the prom last year I think because A had a hockey tournament, and A is really the one who wanted to go. This year she was looking forward to it, though the boys (N and I) were a bit ambivalent. We would have been fine just staying at home and watching a movie, but we motivated and went and were glad because of it, but more on this later. The theme was to dress to impress, so A got all dressed up and she looked awesome. Even N put on a "dress" shirt and looked cool, though I think we may need to work on some pants for that young man.

We got there in the beginning and A immediately took off with her buddies, which was good. I'm glad she had a clan to hang with and they were pretty much inseparable for the night. N and I sort of stood on the sidelines for a bit and we were actually prepared to leave but I cajoled him into asking at least one girl to dance, which he did, and then I didn't see him for the rest of the night. He ended up having fun hanging with the babes, and I just sat there all night by lonesome like a stick in the mud. I was very stoked that the kids were having fun, and I wasn't that interested in dancing without R there, so I was fine.

As I mentioned the crowd was impressive, and everyone looked good, with the exception of myself, who always looks like a slob. They had this massive hot fudge sundae bar, and the music was thumping. The only thing I thought was lacking were kids around the age of N. Mostly older and much younger, so nobody for him to hang with other than the girls he knew, and they were a bit older, but older women have it more together, so it worked out fine.

All in all it was a fun night. We got home around 11:00 and A got home around 12:00, she hung with her buddy and they helped clean up. She was literally running on fumes because she slept over at a friend's house the night before and literally got no sleep. Oh well, teenagers are more resilient, and she had a blast, and that's what being young is all about, right?


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Travis Wetzel for the pic.

No comments: