Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Put To The Test

This winter my mojo was really put to the test at my new job. I spend a lot of time on my feet delivering these posters around town, and when I think back on it, there were a lot of days where it was either arctic cold or snowing, or better yet, both. As I mentioned, it was a record cold February. I remember going to places that were closed because of the weather, and yet here I was, on the job. Sort of like the US Post Office, whose motto is something about "neither snow, nor rain, nor sleet, etc." Either way, it's sort of funny, but sort of not. I'll tell you one thing, shoving push pins into a board isn't easy when your fingers are becoming frostbitten.

Then again, this is New England, and there ain't no room for sissies, especially when you're training to be a real man, right? I'm curious to see how I feel about the job once the weather gets warmer.


Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Tiomax80 for the pic.

No comments: