Monday, June 1, 2015

Singles Week

The kids were away at camp all last week and R and I had the house to ourselves. You'd think with all that free time I would get so much done, but it's never that simple. Something always seems to come up to complicate things and slow the process down, not that I'm making excuses or anything like that. Plus, the weather was brutally hot during that week, which hampered my efforts to do things outside.

Nonetheless, I did manage to get a few key things done, most notably the insulation on the second floor of the barn and transplanting the tomato plants in the greenhouse. I had various household duties like fixing the bathroom sink and mowing the lawn, not to mention doing poster boy work. One thing R and I decided was that we wouldn't do much in the way of cooking this week, which of course meant fewer dishes to wash. All in all it worked out okay, though I find I miss the kids and life seems a little less rewarding. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the kids love to get away and really love camp, and it is nice having a respite from the big load of responsibilities that comes with raising kids, but with greater challenge comes greater reward, right? At least that's what they tell me.


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Michael Veltman for the pic.

No comments: