Tuesday, January 10, 2017

A Day of Hockey

We were a bit "hockey-ed" out last week when we had multiple occasions to play, and play we did. First off we had homeschool hockey, which is very casual and low key, making it fun and enjoyable. Most people don't take it too seriously so it's really just a good time and a chance to skate. Even though it's casual in nature, however, it's still a good workout for an old man like me. I'm usually wheezing between shifts and work up a good sweat. The kids both play and enjoy it thoroughly when they either make me look bad by burning me or stealing my puck, which happens all the time; or when I make a fool of myself by falling or losing puck, which also happens all the time. Throughout it all I still manage to have a good time.

After homeschool hockey we had to go home, eat a quick bite, and then head out for N's game that evening. While evening games are unusual, it's a nice break from morning games, especially if we have nowhere to be, though everyone's a little fatigued at the end of a long day (nobody more so than yours truly). N's game ended and mom came to pick him up because afterward, if you can believe it, I actually had an adult league game. Not only was I tired, but I didn't have much time to get ready because it was right after N's game and I couldn't just bail out and go change... or I guess I could have, but I opted to stay until the bitter end.

Our game was fun, I was tired as heck, but it was a nice end to a busy hockey day, the kind we love. It was also nice because the next day was Saturday and we had nowhere to be (N had a doubleheader on Sunday), which meant we could all sleep in. I love when that happens.

-->
Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Mazon Nytewolf for the pic.

No comments: