Wednesday, January 4, 2017

No More Hockey?

My back pain has returned and the concept of quitting hockey was broached by one of mom's friend. Said friend suffers from a similar affliction as myself, and she has been in rehab and physical therapy for months. She even missed a big chunk of work to get better. When she heard about what I was going through, her first thought was that I should quit hockey for a few weeks and see if the pain goes away.

I have to confess that the pain has gotten worse since hockey started. I don't know if it's the time of year or the weather, but it is an unfortunate consequence. I've also noticed that it hurts during games, which doesn't bode well for the sport.

I guess I'll have to wait and see. The holidays will offer a week or two of respite from our grueling hockey schedule, and then I can see how I feel. I'm not happy at the idea of removing hockey from my life, but pain has a way of affecting your POV. Plus, hockey has lost a bit of its luster for me, anyway, but that's a story for another time.

-->
Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Jerry Bowley for the pic.

No comments: