Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Knitting Hands

In what I think is an interesting and cool development, A has started to show an interest in knitting. This came out of nowhere and was a little surprising. She slept over at a friend's house the other night and they spent the night learning to knit, of all things. I didn't know she was interested but I guess you don't know you're interested unless you try. It could simply be something new and novel and will be forsaken at a later date, but for now she's enjoying it. It's also something she can bond over with her mom and grandmother, which is pretty cool. It strikes me as relaxing and meditative, requiring patience a bit of free time, away from screens. As we all know, this is not an easy thing to do in the modern era of high-tech, but who said high-tech was all that great anyway? Not me, that's for sure.

-->
Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Jessica B. for the pic.

No comments: