Sunday, January 15, 2017

Over-scheduled?

FYI, 5 days now without FB.

We are quickly becoming one of those over-scheduled families with too many things going on, and I have to confess, I'm a big part of the problem. I thought with all the hockey drama that maybe it was time to expend some energy pursuing some of the other things we enjoy in life, so I enrolled N in a ski instructor apprentice program over at one of the ski hills. Of course, that doesn't mean that hockey has suddenly come to halt, it hasn't, along with all the other crazy stuff going on in our lives.

On ski apprentice day, we happen to have a lot going on, and it just so happens to be the day that I have adult hockey, as well. So this past week was particularly grueling because I was taking A to the hill, as well, to do some boarding, which turned out to be prescient because the weather got really crappy and the skiing has suffered accordingly. The day we went happened to be the best day that week, and henceforth.

Either way, I took A to school with all our ski gear in the back. Mom brought N with her and we met up for lunch, after which we skied a half-day until it was time for us to do the after ski program, which starts, uh, after school. A was able to keep boarding on her own while N went with the ski instructors and I volunteered. After it was all done, we packed up the car, stopped in the big city to pick up some supper, then headed back home. We unloaded the ski gear and loaded up the hockey gear for both N and I, then headed to the arena. N had practice and afterward mom picked him while I went and got ready for my game. I played and then got home around 9:30, and believe me, I was beat. I still had to eat some supper, as well, so I chowed down a bit and watched a movie with mom, but I was pretty much done for the night and climbed into bed.

I'm not sure how we're going to navigate these Wednesdays, but something tells me I need to come up with a different plan. We'll see where this goes.

-->
Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Aprilia Dwi Lestari for the pic.

No comments: