Saturday, April 3, 2010

Going to Work, Late as Usual

The question of the day is, "Where does all the time go?" Sure, it's a cliche, but one I live with on a daily basis.

I've been going into work a bit more lately, and though it feels good to sink my teeth back into research, not to mention interact with people over the age of 10, going to work does disrupt our daily routine, and as a consequence, we're always scrambling for time. Funny how a job can do that to you.

I generally go in during the early morning, I'm talking around 6:00 AM, get my work done, and try to be home by 10:00 so R can get to work at a decent hour. This works out well in the grand scheme of things, but I can't get as much writing done because I only have about an hour to do it. Once I get home, the kids are up, wanting to be fed and entertained. I can pull of the former, the latter is up to them.

Also, since we are so busy around here, heading off to work disrupts our schedule. Case in point, drama rehearsal. This is complicated by the fact that the rehearsals, which take place on Thu and Fri, occur at different times, and have been held in different locations each time. For a guy like me who is scattered and disorganized, this can spell disaster. I was at work the other day and driving home, I realized I had about 15 minutes to get home and take A to rehearsal. When I got home, we were already late, so I told the kids to get their clothes on and get in the car.

R was confused, she thought it was in the afternoon, but that is on the other day. Today, it was earlier. My fault, I won't dispute this, but the confusing schedule doesn't help. We ended up being about 5 minutes late, not the end of the world, so life is still good.

I think music teacher, however, thinks I'm a big loser because I'm always bringing A late. She's not too far off on that one.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to chris gilbert for the pic.

No comments: