Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Two Nutty Days in a Row

We've had two crazy days in a row, but I think that'll be the worst of it, and once Wednesday is over, things will calm down a bit (I hope). I was supposed to attend a special meeting for the library, and being a trustee and all, felt on some level I should attend, but didn't because there were too many things going on.

First off, we had rehearsal for the school musical, which was in two days, so crunch time was approaching. After rehearsal, we came home for lunch, then off to drama class, stopping on the way at the video store, the veggie store, then the Coop. We dropped A off at her class and N and I went bowling. After picking A up, we went home and I had to make dinner. By that time, I still had a lot to do around the house, and felt like karate had to suffer. I was bummed, I really like the class, but sometimes your interests have to take a fall in order to hold it together for your family.

On Tuesday, the adventure continued. R and I were able to keep our communication straight, so she was able to stay at home while I went to my dentist's appointment (more on this later). I had a cavity filled and a wisdom tooth yanked out. Bummer. Then I had to get home, take A to her final rehearsal, for which she wanted to bring her lunch and dine with the other kids, so I had to make it, then off to N's drama class, and this is where it gets interesting.

Because I had a trustee meeting at 4:00, I had to drop N off, and A and I were supposed to go to the library. However, I almost forgot, and we headed off to the bowling alley, when I realized I was on a tight schedule. I had half an hour to get back to town, while R was going to pick N up at his class during my meeting. It ain't easy being a trustee, and I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to do.

Since we were gone all day, I had to make dinner during the day so it was prepared when we got home. Then we could simply reheat and eat. My meeting ended sooner than I thought, and A and I played outside until R showed up. I think I'm going to have to come up with a better solution for A, maybe a playdate.

Either way, we came home, at supper, and then we had to go out yet again for her other rehearsal for the community play. Talk about busy. The rehearsal went from 7-8, and A really enjoys it because she gets to play her guitar and sing a song she actually wrote. I hate to admit it, but when the director asked her who wrote the song and she said she had, I was secretly brimming with pride. I was able to hide it because being a karate man and all, I'm able to keep my feelings inside.

After rehearsal, we came home and off to bed, but not before R and I got a couple of quality hours together with Neflix. Life is good.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Zsuzsanna Kilian for the pic.

No comments: