Saturday, April 17, 2010

Quiet Days

After a week of going nuts and running around, we finally had some down time to just stick around the home front. Mind you, this didn't mean we, or should I say "I," had time to lounge around and relax like this dude, but at least I didn't have the stress of having to be somewhere, rushing around in my Mentor's car. It starts to get to you.

Now that the school play is over, we have one less obligation, soon to be replace with another, I'm sure, but for now, I'll take it. The kids were asking if we were going anywhere, since I'm sure they've become accustomed to the busy pace that we were maintaining, but I had things to do on the home front, the least of which is get the firewood together, and let us not forget that darn barn. Windows, fascia, soffit, etc. It's a wonder houses ever get built. Oh, and did I mention the garden?

I just wanted to mention that our initial efforts in restoring the lawn seemed to have yielded some fruit, the lawn is looking better, if I may be so bold. The backyard is still a disaster, but the front ain't looking half bad. I just wonder if I need to seed every season, Fall and Spring. Sure, why not? It's not as if I don't have enough to do, but don't mind my whining.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get to the library for story hour. Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to aldo cavini benedetti for the pic.

No comments: