Monday, July 16, 2012

Big City Park

We were going to swim at the Lebanon pool the other day but got there too early for the public swim (bad planning), so we spent some time in Lebanon park eating lunch and passing the time. I will say this, the park was overrun with a rough crowd, and I found myself on edge a bit watching what was going on. Now in all fairness, I didn’t know for sure what was happening, but in all of my experiences with the dark side, there are things are fairly obvious, and it was clear that subversive things were going on.

That’s their business, but it’s hard when you’re in a park with your kids, and it’s even more depressing when some of the rough characters are actually young parents with kids of their own. What astounded me was that at some point a couple of mothers showed up with their young kids, and they were cavorting with the rough guys while their kids played on the swings. They weren’t even that young.

I could be misinterpreting the whole thing, and I should just live and let live, right? Whatever be the case, I don’t think we’ll be spending too much time at that park.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to andrew c mace for the pic.

No comments: