Monday, July 2, 2012

Chainsaw Fixed

I dropped over a $150 to fix the chainsaw because they said it had an air leak, whatever that means. The problem was that when I released the throttle, the engine kept running and the chain would spin. As you can imagine, this is not good from a safety standpoint. They fixed the leak, which involved taking the whole thing apart and replacing the seals, and then I brought it home and finished the wood pile.

The problem seemed to still persist, however, and I brought it back to Joe’s (after all the wood was done in case they needed to hold it). The mechanic took it out back and fixed it in 10 minutes. Apparently there is an idle adjustment that needed to be done. He said it was the “other” idle adjustment, whatever that means.

Either way, I’m glad it’s fixed, and they didn’t charge me. I love Joe’s equipment, those guys are so cool. Plus, I used the saw one last time before running the gas out in preparation for winter storage. As it stands right now, I won’t really need it until we get out next log load, which will hopefully be next spring.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: