Monday, July 2, 2012

Game 2

We had our second hockey game last week and we won, though it was a close one, going into overtime, no less. There has been some grumbling that our team has a few guys who should be playing in the B-league, and I don’t dispute this, but I think every team has at least one player who stands head and shoulders above the rest. We just happen to have two or three. I agree, they should probably move up, because it’s not as fun when on person can take over and win every game if they want to.

The game was fun, closer than I’d expected. The Green Machine are good, and they really controlled the game at times. The scoring was evenly spaced out, and they got one of our young guys who is really good, so that evened up the playing field. I think it was more evenly matched because they had a couple of pros, as did we.

I did manage to score another goal, and unlike the first one, there was no ambiguity to it. It was definitely my stick that hit it in. Whatever be the case, it was a blast, and I am so hooked. I can’t get enough of this game. When are we moving to Canada? I’ll take Scandinavia, if need be.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to dryutsky for the pic.

No comments: