Wednesday, May 22, 2013

AWOL

Not that it should surprise me, but our current contractor has once again bailed out on us. I am a bit surprised, I gave SH more credit, but he’s AWOL, and hasn’t said a word. It’ll be awkward when we finally do see him, and it will happen because we know the guy and travel in similar circles. We asked him repeatedly if he was still interested in this project, and he answered repeatedly that he was. He’s a young guy, just getting his footing in the business, and it’s a good way to establish some references. Oh well, so much for that.

He said he’d do some work while we were away, and he never came by. If there’s a bright note to this, it’s that we saved some money because I ended up doing the work myself. Even still, it’s hard for me to dedicate a solid block of time to the work.

Now the question is, do I call him and ask what’s up? Or do I just leave it at that and be done with the guy? I know what I’d like to do, but that’s not always the best option.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: