Tuesday, May 14, 2013

New Wheelbarrow

One of the first pieces of equipment that we bought when we moved into this house was a wheelbarrow, and believe me when I tell you that not only did it get a lot of use, but hard use. Hauling wood, tools, compost... you name it. I even transported the kids into town on the ski trails way back when we only had one car, which for the record was not easy.

After about 6 years, our old friend is finally showing signs that it’s the end. I’ve changed a couple of wheels, shimmed the frame because the bed was being pounded in by the load, and replaced countless nuts and bolts. The final straw was when the rust in the bed was causing the metal fall apart, and that’s something I can’t fix. I went to the hardware store and got the same one, and it wasn’t that expensive. Talk about a deal.

Best of all, with N being the engineer that he is, he wanted to assemble the thing, so I left him with the tools and let him at it. He did a great job, and now we’re back in business. Good help is hard to find.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: