Thursday, May 16, 2013

Getting a Foam Gun

I finally bit the bullet and did what the Amazing PR Man would have done from the get-go, and that’s getting a serious piece of equipment rather than going the quick, cheap, and easy route. Actually, the cost will probably even out in the end. There is a ton of spray foaming that needs to be done, and it’s probably cheaper to just buy the disposable cans and toss them when I’m done. The disposable cans are single use, and clog easily. It used to be that you had to finish the can once you started it, because once it clogged, it was finished. Now they’ve improved the nozzle so it doesn’t clog and you can take a break and then come back and use the can.

The can’s don’t cover a lot, though, and it takes a bunch to get the job done. They aren’t expensive, from $3 to $5, but you just need about 30 of them. The alternative is to get a gun, and then buy the cans, which are more expensive, but last much longer. The benefit of the gun is that it doesn’t clog, and you can adjust the spray. Plus, it makes you look like you know what you’re doing. I borrowed a gun from my friend, JP, but it’s so badly clogged, I couldn’t use it. It had been sitting for years.

Now I know the Amazing PR Man would have gotten the best gun possible, but then we’re talking over $150. No thank you. I got the cheaper one, around $40, and it works fine. Good enough for me, but that’s not saying much.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to red_5_rogue for the pic.

No comments: