Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Focus

One of the big issues that holds me back from finishing a project is focus, or lack thereof. It doesn’t help that I have so many projects, and as anyone around here knows, life in New England entails a constant stream of new endeavors that demand my attention. Factor in being a parent, making meals, cleaning, teaching the kids, and getting them to their various activities, and it becomes clear that this isn’t going to be easy.

I’m not going to make excuses, however. I’m merely pointing out that things either take a long time to get done, or they don’t get done at all, leaving both R and myself frustrated, though I think R beats me in the frustration category. With this in mind, I’ve found that I really need to focus on one area, and literally ignore all the others. I find myself stumbling when I start something and then notice that something to my left needs to be taken care of, only to realize that something to my right also needs my attention.

Boy, life sure ain’t easy when you’re easily distracted. This should be interesting, not only because it will take enormous amounts of effort to counteract my distracted nature, but also because things will move along and get done, and as many of you might know, I love when that happens.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Michael Dales for the pic.

No comments: