Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Done Burning

I know several families that stop burning wood in April, but we are not such a family. In fact, until a couple of days ago, we were still burning wood, if only in the morning to cut the edge. Personally, I find the mornings a little chilly, even though it warms up a considerable amount during the day. Typical New England spring, cool in the AM, and warm in the day.

Either way, most of the people we talk to say they’ve stopped burning wood, and I must confess that it was a little embarrassing to admit that we still were, though I know we weren’t alone because I could see smoke coming from people’s chimneys.

Now that the days are really warming up, we’ve joined the club, and the stove is going dormant until winter. We may have to do some maintenance, some of which I will tackle, and other things that we may have hire a professional, but we’ll see. In the meantime, we’ll be a little cool in the morning until summer kicks into full gear, then we’ll be sweating like you know what.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: