Wednesday, August 21, 2013

March to Dine

Normally we enjoy our family walks into town, but this time around it came about through a bit of miscommunication. I was working outside a week or two back when N came over and asked if we could walk to the diner. I assumed (incorrectly) that he’d talked it over with mom and that was what the family had wanted to do, but it turns out that this was not the case. What in fact happened was N asked me and when I answered yes, he took that information to mom and said that I wanted to go to the diner for lunch. How’s that for planning?

It was a nice day, so taking a walk was not unthinkable, but it also meant money spent and time taken away from getting things done. I could have always said no, but I also feel it’s important to make time for all of us to be together, because as the kids get older, those times will become fewer and fewer. Kind of sad.

We were pretty much commited so we took a walk, and as always, it was nice. We had a nice lunch and blueberry pie for dessert. I have to say, I like the diner a lot, but it doesn’t blow my mind, not like before. You can’t go through life constantly comparing, and if anything, the new diner is more of what you’d expect from a diner, but even still, it ain’t what it used to be.

The weather held out nicely for our walk home, and within half an hour of our return, it started to rain, so we were spared a soaking. I’m thankful for our good timing, even though my time working outside was over.

Oh well, sometimes you have to look at the bright side. At least I didn’t have to cook lunch.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to krisjaus for the pic.

No comments: