Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Re-Buying Insulation and the Little Car That Could

I don’t know if this falls into the territory of irony, but after all that effort and planning to return the insulation, it turns out I need to get it back. This is after SH bailed on us and we no longer need to implement his plan. The way this sordid tale goes is that we had planned on insulating the barn with fiberglass when SH (before he bailed on us) gave us this sob story about state regulations and how he might be liable for repairs. To make a long story short, he didn’t want to continue working on the barn unless we put some serious insulation in, meaning spray foam or cellulose.

We looked into it, and it was going to be expensive, but it was going to be darn well insulated barn. That left us with all this fiberglass insulation that SH told us to order. I had to take it back to LaValley’s, and they said I would have to pay a 10% restocking fee since it had been six months. At first they said they wouldn’t take it, but then they changed their story. I had to borrow a big truck from GG and load the huge bundles in, and let me tell you, they weighed about a hundred pounds each. Thanks to GG, BTW.

I took them back, they gave me a refund, cutting me a break on the 10% fee, no less, and that was that. However, once SH bailed on us, we no longer had to employ his plan, and could go back to fiberglass. It’s a long story, but the insulation will be good. The only problem was, I have to get that fiberglass insulation back.

As it turns out, I could fit some of the small bundles in our car. Four of them, in fact, which is a good start. It’s amazing what you can get done with a small fuel efficient import. Sure it’s small, but it just forces you to be more creative, and make more trips, but at least it works out in the end.

I love when that happens. Then again, it shouldn't surprise me because we use our Fits to go to the farmer's market, where we used to use my Mentor's Ford Explorer, which is a big car. 

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Cars.com Family for the pic.

No comments: