Thursday, September 5, 2013

Getting it Done

Once again, we got our school stuff in and it was down to the wire, though I’ve yet to hear back from them. I hope everything is okay, but I know if it isn’t, they’ll let me know. It’s been known to happen.

Every school year I make a vow not to wait until the last minute, and every year it goes to the last minute. You’d think I’d have learned by now, but no such luck. This year seemed especially pressing, maybe because as the kids get older, their curriculums become more involved and intense. We were also at the mercy of DE getting the evals done, which he did in a timely manner. Thanks to him.

What’s nice is that you can email the info to the office, and hope that they get back to you and let you know everything is in order. Unfortunately, they didn’t do that, and as the deadline loomed, I worried if we were going to be on time. I called the office and spoke with someone who wasn’t very pleasant, which I thought was a bit unprofessional. I felt like I was at the DMV, and wanted to be curt and snippy, but knew that would accomplish nothing. If anything, it would make my life harder. Don’t you hate when that happens.

In the end, this person transferred me to the person in charge, and they said they received the paperwork and would review it. I’m sure there will be problems, there always are, but for now, we made the deadline and now have 364 days to slack off... or rather, 363.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to amenah for the pic.

No comments: