Friday, September 13, 2013

Side Out

I think the real-man influences in my life are not going to believe this, but I actually managed to finish putting up siding on one side of the barn. Can you believe it? Sure, it’s going pretty slow, but it’s going, and as I do it more and more, I get better and faster. It boils down to starting out clueless and gradually learning how to do it right.

With this in mind, I probably should have started on the back and learned from my mistakes over there, but instead opted to work on the side that everyone sees so it looks like progress is being made. I’m from L.A., so I’m all about appearances.

Another concern with finishing the appearance side is that I might get complacent and put off doing the rest until next year, but hopefully that won’t be the case. Either way, now it’s time to tackle the gable side, and from there, who knows?

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: