Monday, September 2, 2013

On the Green

Summer is winding down, which means we have to make the most of the warm weather and do stuff that requires grass and being outside. This, of course, includes golf. A week or two back A was in camp for the umpteenth time, and N and I had the day to ourselves. He mentioned going golfing, which I enjoy but wouldn’t necessarily go out of my way to do. He really wanted to go, however, and who am I to refuse a request to get out and have fun?

The two big drawback to golf are that it is a little expensive, especially if you get the golf cart (you have to get the golf cart!), and it is a huge time drain. We only do nine holes, I can’t imagine doing eighteen. Crazy. Either way, the day was beautiful, and we lucked out because August has been stellar in terms of weather, cool and dry, almost like fall.

We headed over to Carter, which we prefer to Larkin, but it is a little more pricey. The place wasn’t too busy, and we only had to let one guy go ahead of us at the 2nd hole, and then we were free to take our time and enjoy ourselves. It’s tough when there are groups behind you waiting, because it makes me anxious and self-conscious.

I will say this, N’s game is coming along nicely. He is driving it nicely, and making good use of his wedges. Now I don’t know much about golf, but I do know that N has a good swing, and people compliment him on it. It’s possible they’re just being nice, but they don’t have to say anything, and besides, I agree. We had a really nice day of golf, and timed it perfectly because we had plenty of time afterward for pizza at Ziggy’s and then over to Fore-U for ice cream... don’t tell mom.

I think we may try to get one more day of golf in before the season ends. Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Jeff Carrel for the pic.

No comments: