Monday, September 2, 2013

Splitting the Difference

I think I’ve mentioned this in the past, but I finally located a wood splitter that our good friend JP said we could borrow. Employing the generous services of my Mentor, we hauled it over to our house and set it up where we usually keep the log length wood that needs to be cut. Once we got it home, my Mentor said to fire it up, being the take charge kind of guy that he is. I was, as usual, pensive, but we toyed with it before figuring out the optimal settings to getting it going

Once it was fired up, we split some logs, and I have to confess, the thing is pretty amazing. It split blocks that not only weighed about 70 lbs, but were like concrete to my maul. As much as I love to split by hand, I can see the value of a splitter, they really do what no man can do, or at least this man... in training.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to patty christopher for the pic.

No comments: