Thursday, February 26, 2015

My Hero

This is too cute for words, but N came to my rescue many times as I lay dying in the throes of illness, and I have to give him credit, he took action at a time when I would have been freaked out and unsure what to do. We were finishing our game in Rutland at a freezing cold ice rink and I was sick as a dog, only to come out into frigid conditions outside and then into an ice cold car. Feeling sick as I was compounded by the cold sent me into uncontrollable shivers in the car, and as I tried to warm up, N sprung into action, getting the heat going, directing the vents toward me, and covering me up to help keep me warm. I thanked him and things improved as the car warmed up, and once we were on the road I was fine.

Once we got home, however, we came into an ice cold house. Once again I was cold, and once again, N sprung into action, grabbing firewood and kindling and rolling the paper to help me get the fire going. Once it started, I laid down next to the stove and he brought me a pillow to rest my head. Now I realize that this might be a normal response by any thoughtful person, but somehow it's extra special when it's your own kid, don't you think?


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Team111Productions for the pic.

No comments: