Sunday, February 15, 2015

Standing My Ground

Our hockey association had their annual hockey game against the police force and I stood my ground and declined to play this year, despite pressure from all sides to join the party. I didn't want to play last year but was talked into it, and boy was I in over my head. Those cops are the real deal and they played to win. I was way out of my element and kept asking myself, "What exactly am I doing here? I didn't even want to play in this." This time around, they asked me again and I said "No way, Jose." Being the type of people who don't take "no" for an answer, of course they kept on me, but I was strong and eventually my stamina paid off. In the end, one of the players complained about last year that there were too many players on the bench, so it was a good thing I didn't play. Plus, I was told the cops beefed up their team and actually won this year, so it was fortuitous that my incompetent presence did not impede the success (or lack thereof) of our team.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Forest Runner for the pic.

No comments: