Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Killer Thai Food

One last V-day note, we went to dinner that night in the big city and decided on Thai food. Living up here in the wilds of New England, it's not hard to imagine that good Thai food is not always that easy to find. However, there are a couple of places that do a good job, and one of our favorites is Kata. The location is not the best because it's downstairs, which is fine by me but makes it hard if you don't know about it. The less than optimal location must make the rent cheaper so they can pass the savings on to the customers. I see a similar thing with Boloco, my other favorite place to eat in the big city.

The food at Kata is excellent, and the prices are reasonable. The decor is no nonsense and the service is minimal, but when it comes to ethnic food, sometimes the more the place is a dive, the better (within reason). Also, I am a fan of bussing my own dishes, I don't need 4 star service. If anything it embarrasses me. The food at Kata is excellent and you get nice portions and plenty of steamed rice. Our favorite is the mango curry. We had a couple of appetizers, three curries (red curry, as well), and killer steamed veggies, which come with real veggies and not just carrots and bok choy. I was stuffed and we still had a lot of food to take home.

All in all a killer meal on V-day, followed by a little Bogart and Berman at the Hop. What more can you ask for?
-->

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Midvill for the pic.

No comments: